What is a Loss Adjuster?
A Loss Adjusting company are professionals that work with your builders and your insurance company on your behalf. We work with your insurance company and usually the insurance company’s own loss adjusting company to ensure that you get your full entitlement and make sure you have an easy stress free process.
How do Loss Adjusters work?
A loss adjuster works by mediating between you and your insurance company, but remember your loss adjuster only works on YOUR behalf. They will keep a record of your claim whilst also keep records of meetings that your insurer has had with your loss adjuster and, keep you informed throughout the whole processes.
What should you do when claiming for property damages?
- Collect all relevant details regarding damages.
- Ring your insurer as soon as possible.
- Carefully explain what has happened and how the damages occurred. Remember if you don’t know, DON’T make it up just explain you are not sure.
- Contact a Loss Adjusting Firm to represent you.
- Remember to take pictures of all damages to structure and damages to all items and then make sure everything is written down with as much detail as possible.
- An Assessor will come and assess the damages to your property.
- Once the assessor arrives at your property, you can discuss the whole process and how your claim will be handled.
- Whilst you claim is being processed your personal loss adjuster will keep in contact with updates regarding your claim and settlement result.
- They will then negotiate with your insurer ensuring you get the correct cost of damages and starting the first steps of your restoration.
- You then have to wait fir you settlement to be agreed.
- Finally your property will be fully restored by our expert team of contractors.
Why contact a Loss Adjuster?
- When you hire a loss adjuster they work solely for you and not on behalf of the insurance company.
- A Skilled claims handler will check all aspects of your policy ensuring you get your full entitlement.
- An expert will look and make sure all damages adhere to all terms and conditions of your policy.
- They will then make sure all cost are accounted for whilst making sure maximum pay out can cover all damages caused.
- Loss Adjusters will make sure all items that should be included in your claim have been.
- Due to being and Independent Company, they will not reduce your pay out.